Sleepover – where the future of hotels is incubated.
Sleepover is a nomadic series of invitation-only events where hospitality innovators meet investors, designers meet developers and brands meet buyers.
Taking place in a different location annually, each Sleepover sees a handpicked crowd of hotel entrepreneurs and creative spirits gather for a 48-hour immersion into its locale.
Each Sleepover is unique, with bespoke programming allowing attendees to experience new hospitality concepts, identify future business opportunities and gain insight from pioneers at the forefront of design, travel and hospitality.
Our carefully curated content gives you access to new ideas, new opportunities and new contacts as committed as you are to moving the hotel industry forwards.
Highlights of previous editions include:
- New Nordic foraging and food truck feasting in Copenhagen
- Exploring the hotels along the Bosphorus by boat
- A pop-up dinner in a disused car garage in Amsterdam
- Tours of Miami’s Wynwood Walls, Design District and Brickell City Centre
- Exclusive hard hat previews of hotels from Berlin to Barcelona
- Meeting the makers and artisans of Brooklyn’s industrial workshops
Explore previous editions of Sleepover:
Throughout its history Ibiza has emanated a special energy, attracting free spirits from around the world – from the worshippers of the goddess Tanit who first settled here in ancient times, to the Bohemian writers and artists who escaped here in the 1960s, to the hedonists, holidaymakers and hippies who still flock there today.
It has long exerted its influence on the hospitality sector in particular – not least through its internationally famed nightlife. Superclubs such as Pacha and Privilege have become household names. Music-driven hotels like Pikes, Ibiza Rocks and Ushuaïa have pushed the boundaries of conventional hospitality models. More recently, a new generation of rural retreats including La Granja, Atzaró, and Sa Talaia has reinvented the agroturismo. The likes of Seven Pines, Sir Joan and soon-to-launch Six Senses are taking the island’s luxury hotel scene to new heights.
Sleepover will explore this changing face of the island and how it impacts on, and interfaces with, the wider worlds of hospitality and design.
Sleepover attracts an international crowd of creative entrepreneurs working in the hospitality sector. A guestlist of hotel owners, operators, developers, architects, designers, and consultants is handpicked for each event.
We also invite a select group of local influencers so our guests can benefit from their unique insights into the host location.
Previous attendees have included:
- CEO - 25hours Hotel Company
- Associate - Global Hospitality - Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- President - Ace Hotel Group
- VP Property Development - André Balazs Properties
- Founder – Asylum
- Development Director - Accor
- Director, Global Leader of Hotels & Leisure - Arup
- Partner - Blackstone
- CEO - Bröchner Hotels
- Partner – Champalimaud
- VP Technical Services - Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Director of Design & Technical Services - Commune Hotels & Resorts
- CEO - CitizenM
- Founder & Creative Director - Concrete Architectural Associates
- Chief Operating Officer - David Collins Studio
- SVP Creative – Dream Hotel Group
- Director - Distillery
- Corporate Director of Technical Services - Dorchester Collection
- VP Brand Experience – EDITION Hotels
- Managing Director – Ennismore
- Senior VP of Design - Equinox Hotels
- VP - Hospitality Development - Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Principal - HBA
- Senior VP - Global Design - Hilton Worldwide
- Founder & CEO - Homegrown Hotels
- Global Head of Design – Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Senior Associate - GA Design International
- VP Global Innovation & Design - InterContinental Hotels Group
- Associate Director - Invesco Real Estate
- Managing Director - IPIN Global Capital
- VP Development - Jumeirah Group
- Chief Technical Development Officer – Katara Hospitality
- Design Director – Kimpton Hotels
- VP - Design & Technical Services - Langham Hospitality Group
- Co-Founder - Locke Hotels
- Founder – MADE Hotel
- Co-founder & Chairman - Mama Shelter
- VP Global Design Strategies – Marriott International
- COO – Martin Brudnizki Design Studio
- Project Leader EMEA - Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Vice President - Design & Project Management EMEA - Marriott International
- CEO – Neue House
- CEO & Founder - The Pilgrm Hotels
- COO – Principal Hotels
- Head of Design - Radisson Edwardian Hotels
- Global Hotel Sector Leader - Ramboll
- Senior Director of Design and Project Services - Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
- SVP Technical Development – Rezidor
- Founder & Managing Partner – Sandstone Developments
- VP Design – Starwood Capital
- President - Servotel Corporation
- Principal, Vice President of Design - Stonehill & Taylor
- VP Design – Sydell Group
- Partner - Studio Tack
- Creative Director & Founder - Stylt Trampoli
- Design Director - Soho House Group
- President & COO - The Gettys Group
- Studio Director – Tihany Design
- Director - Universal Design Studio
- Director of Interior Design – WATG
- Head of WeLive – WeWork
- Managing Director - Wilson Associates
- Creative Director - YooHotels
- CEO – Yotel
Attendees of Sleepover Ibiza will be accommodated at one of two hotels located between Talamanca Bay and Ibiza Town:
OD Talamanca is a mid-century modern meets Art Deco offering designed by Rahola Vidal Arquitectes and interior designer Mayte Matutes. Its 117 guestrooms all look towards the sea, combining Mediterrenean and Ibicenco influences. Matutes’ interior design sees dark, neutral fabrics set against muted shades of rust, teal and yellow.
The first Spanish member of the Sir family, this 38-guestroom property sees design from long-time Sir collaborators Baranowitz + Kronenberg. The arrival experience is calm, with earthy tones, polished steel and marbled patterns adorning the lobby and adjoining restaurant, Izakaya. Guestrooms take their maritime influence from the nearby harbour with walnut wood floors, ocean hues and bronze tones, with every room offering a balcony – and many boasting views of the Dalt Vila and Ibiza Castle.
‘FROM THE CLUB TO THE CAMPO’
A two day programme exploring the evolution of the hospitality scene in Ibiza – from music-driven hotel concepts through to the new generation of rural retreats, lifestyle properties and luxury hotels.
Sunday 5 May
1200 Opening at OD Talamanca
Matt Turner – Editor-in-Chief, Sleeper Media / Marc Rahola – CEO, OD Group
1400 Hotel Tours
Nobu Hotel – Ibiza Bay
Ushuaia Beach Hotel
1700 Boat Tour by Es Vedra
1900 Sunset at 7Pines
2100 Supper at 7Pines
With Welcome from Markus Lueck – Managing Director, 7Pines
Monday 6 May
0900 Breakfast at Host Hotels
1000 Hotel Talks – Ibiza Gran Hotel
1200 Coach Transfer to La Granja
1300 Sleepover x Further at La Granja
‘Further Thoughts – The Evolution of the Farm’
Further is a traveling laboratory for experiential hospitality and collaborative culture by Design HotelsTM. ‘Further Thoughts: The Evolution of the Farm’, held in collaboration with Sleeper Magazine and the Ibiza Preservation Foundation, addresses various questions around contemporary agriculture, the slow food movement, and sustainable modes of eating. Further info...
2200 After Party at Pikes / Transfer to Talamanca
Tuesday 7 May
0900 Breakfast / Check Out / Departures from Host Hotels
Ferry to Formentera (Optional)
Sir Joan Hotel Tour (Optional)
*All timings and activities subject to change
Naturally, your branding will feature on all of our marketing materials, but the value of your investment is not measured in how many times we flash your logo on a screen, how many emails we send out, or how many meetings we have arranged on your behalf.
Instead, Sleepover gives its sponsors exclusive access to key industry figures, at the cutting edge of contemporary hotel development, design and architecture.
Our programme allows you to engage with them in a relaxed environment, conducive to forming genuine, long lasting business relationships.
Brands sponsoring Sleepover are associating themselves with thought leadership in the hospitality industry.
Previous sponsors have included:
- Axios Hospitality
- Bang + Olufsen
- Brochner Hotels
- Danish Design Centre
- Economic Institute of Amsterdam
- Goldman Properties
- Greater Miami Visitor & Convention Board
- Hilton Worldwide
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- ICE International
- Industry City
- Janus et Cie
- Patron Capital
- RH Contract
- Robena Contracts
- Shaw Hospitality Group
- Swire Properties
- Visit Copenhagen
- Wanted Design
- West Elm Contract
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what some of our guests have said about Sleepover previously:
Ariel Sanett – VP of Development – Dream Hotel Group
“A wonderful, open and inclusive event, different from most of the investment conferences I go to. It was experiential and boundary pushing while allowing the attendees to truly experience the city and the neighbourhood. I loved it!”
Tony Machado – VP of Design – Starwood Capital
“An extremely good networking event helping to further develop existing relationships as well fostering new ones.”
Jason Catifeoglou – Founder – The Pilgrm
“A very well planned and executed event with the perfect blend of people from the hotel world - hoteliers, designers, suppliers etc – awesome!!!”
Ilker Hussein– Commercial Director – Laufen
“Excellent organisation, content and site visits. Whether a sponsor, developer/ client or creative, this event adds true and sustainable value for all delegates”
Wilhelm Finger – Co-Founder – Double Decker
“A well and truly inspiring event. It was also packed with surprises. A great opportunity to connect to like-minded people in splendid informal environments.”
Soren Clausen – Head of International – RH Contract
“Year after year Sleepover bring stogether a select, interesting and diverse group of top hotel industry professionals - many who keep coming back again and again. The tours are always inspiring and provide insight into current trends. Lots of opportunities to network, exchange views and thoughts with industry peers, in a relaxed atmosphere.”
Larry Traxler – SVP Global Design – Hilton Worldwide
“Fantastic event - great city, great planning, wonderful invitee list, and spectacular events.”
Cristina Laurijssen – Senior Director of Design, Rosewood Hotel Group
Very well organized event with a good and varied amount of attendees. The selection of venues and hotels was excellent.
Anne Becker-Olin – Senior VP Design & Technical Services, AccorHotels
“Great event that offers various areas of interest, from latest development projects, construction sides, designer's meetings , to lately opened hotels.”
Alessandro Munge – Studio Munge “What a transformative weekend. We were so impressed with the quality of Sleepover on all levels: logistics, thought-provoking content, engaging networking and simply fun entertainment. Thank you for inviting us to be part of this very special community building moment.”
Matt Heligman – Chief Operating Officer – Martin Brudnizki Design Studio
“I enjoyed it more than any conference I've been to, mainly because it felt more like a social event than a formal conference. Really valuable as a networking opportunity.”